Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Traditions

We didn't have a lot of traditions growing up, but the ones we did have are some of my fondest memories. So I'm testing things out this year in an effort to start some of our own O'Dell traditions.

I didn't plan very well this time, because the same night we promised Elijah that we'd put up the tree is the last night a friend is in town, so I'm heading out for dinner as my boys sit down to eat, watch "Elf," and drink some hot chocolate while wearing their pajamas.

That all sounds so cozy, doesn't it? I used to babysit for a lady who said she was striving for coziness all the time. I think that's a worthy goal.

I think this year I get a pass, though. Elijah doesn't realize that we can decorate the tree tonight too, so he's content that we got it put up. Maybe we'll start another tradition - one where we decorate the tree three days after putting it up. Because that's going to be our first opportunity this year. :)

Sigh. I love Christmas.





No comments:

Post a Comment