Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lessons for the Week

* Every night I go to bed thinking there is no way I can be more uncomfortable than I already am. And the next morning I wake up wrong.

* If your 2-year-old has a cold and you want people to think you're killing him deliberately, try to use the bulb syringe on his nose. He will scream bloody murder, then, when you're finished, sob into your shoulder to really impart the drama of the situation.

* My child is much more aware than we think. And cookies cannot solve everything, as I might hope.

* Michael, though he says he's a Scrooge, is really helpful with Christmas decorations when he needs to be. I unpacked all the ornaments (while sitting), and he placed every single one on the tree. AND he put up a little tree on the front porch and decorated it with Elijah. I might be converting him after all.

* Getting all the Christmas shopping done is much easier than getting the motivation to wrap them.

There are more, but I can't think of them right now. I'll add them later when my pregnant brain relaxes and can think again.

2 comments:

  1. To your last bullet, if you want to send them my way, I'd be more than happy to wrap them. I keep stocking up on beautiful wrapping paper, ribbon, and trimmings in hopes that the gifts around which these things will be placed with just spontaneously appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that wouldn't be more in shipping than I care to spend, I would do it. You'd probably wrap them better than I would, anyway, being as crafty as you are.

    ReplyDelete