Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Things I Couldn't Imagine

If you had told me five years ago that in five years I would be married and expecting a second baby, I think I might have laughed in your face. I couldn't have imagined that things could change so quickly. Nor could I have imagined saying the following things in my everyday life:

"Don't forget to book your zip car."

"Are you ready to eat? Then put down your frying pan and come on."

"Thank you for showing me that and not rubbing it on the couch. Now go show Daddy what's on your finger."

"LEAVE. THE DOGS. ALONE." -- This one is more about frequency than about the statement itself.

Nor could I have imagined that my son's version of "Jesus Loves Me" is much more fun than the original, if not as spiritually poignant:

"Jesus, Jesus... big truck! Jesus, Jesus... two trucks! Meeee soooo!"

I'm thinking about two different themes for Elijah's birthday party... I say party lightly, just because it'll be just family and no presents, so maybe Elijah's birthday gathering. He loves all things baseball and golf, and he is also totally in love with the book Go, Dog. Go! I'm tempted to do the book just because baseball stuff is easy to come by (and really, Wrigley pretty much gets dibs on all baseball birthday celebrations, so it won't be original at all). Anybody have any ideas on cute decorations? There's a "party book" out there, but it's pretty advanced for 2-year-olds. I was thinking maybe we could have some hats to decorate, but that's as far as I've gotten. Or maybe I should have no theme at all and just let the kids run around screaming like they did last weekend. Everyone had a good time, and there were no themes involved.

1 comment:

  1. I like the hat idea. You also can have dogs (check) and races--pretty easy. Just use the colors of the cover of the book. I'll think some more about it, but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete